they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I did it!


I got my blood test done today, AND a diphtheria-tetanus-whooping cough immunisation too! I’m half way through getting all my immunisations done in time for uni. By Friday, I should have my blood results back telling me whether I’m immune to measles-mumps-rubella, HepB, and Chicken Pox. I still need my Fluvax but I think I can get that from work. I need to go to the Royal Adelaide Hospital to see if I’m resistant to Tuberculosis.

Anyway~ just wanted to share my news about conquering my fears of needles because it’s super important to me. A lot of people know I want to be a nurse, but I don’t think they knew the lengths I would go to get there. If I can face my biggest fear head on, there’s not much else left to stop me.

2013 is the year I push my boundaries beyond their limit. I will get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment