they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Friday, September 27, 2013

22 days 21 hours 7 minutes

8 days down and I haven't had a panic attack or let my depression get the better of me. In fact, I haven't had any negative thoughts like usual, and I know it doesn't seem like a long time, but that is for me.

In addition to not letting negative thoughts get to me, I've started working out again. I'm doing the 7 minute workout challenge - 7 minutes per circuit with at least 1 circuit every day for 7 months. You work up a little bit of a sweat and get heated. I started Wednesday, skipped Thursday by mistake (also super busy but somehow couldn't spare 7 minutes?), and just completed Friday. I actually really enjoy it. It's light, it's quick, it doesn't make you all sweaty and gross, and it fits in perfectly with my life style. Tomorrow morning, I'm going to see if I can do a workout before getting ready for work. We'll see how it goes, ha!

I downloaded a HeadSpace app as well, which helps with mindfulness and meditating. It's 10 minutes worth of mediation designed to help you concentrate on the now and stop anxious thoughts about the past and/or future. I'm going to try it right before bed to see how it goes. The challenge is designed for 10 days, so I wanna give it my all.

I'm really looking forward to the next 22 days. I am really looking forward to taking back control. It feels really, really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment