they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Saturday, December 20, 2014

My mother found my sewing kit.

It's been roughly 5 years since I received my sewing machine for my birthday and Christmas. Once I moved out of home, I lost my sewing kit with all my tools and because I was too poor, I couldn't replace it. Then the box with my machine was put away and it collected dust.

Until recently.

It's summer and I'm really keen on creating some one-off pieces of my own instead of buying things from retail stores. The first real injury I remember receiving was one nasty gash I made on my left knuckle with the unpick when I was around 5 years old. I've been playing with fabrics and sewing since I can remember. My mother used to make my brother and I clothes. My grandmother was a pro at crochet and knitting. It's in my family to be creative with fabrics. I've always been naturally gifted with my hands; not that I ever do anything with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment